Academic Oral English Course
Our individual/small-group tutorial course focuses on academic and professional oral English.
- LING 4 (Individual and Small Group Instruction)
- LING 4 offers instruction in writing or speaking in English, depending on students’ needs and their placement into this course. In LING 4, students may work on further developing classroom presentation skills to be teaching assistants, improving pronunciation, or improving writing proficiency, among other areas.
Graduate Writing Courses
Two courses are offered in graduate writing. In both courses, students learn and practice rhetorical strategies for writing in their fields and for professional purposes, such as developing resumes and application materials for internships or jobs. Both courses encourage students to examine language use in their specific fields.
- LING 2G (Intermediate Graduate Writing for International Students)
- LING 2G offers greater focus on grammar and vocabulary needed for effective writing at the graduate level.
- LING 3G (Advanced Graduate Writing for International Students)
- In LING 3G, instruction focuses more on rhetorical strategies common to most disciplinary writing at the graduate level.